CO-VID 19 and Serving Our Community
We want to take every precaution while still continuing our mission to take care of Rockland’s homeless animals. The following protocols are being put in place in order to reduce risk to our volunteers, employees and public at large.
1) Starting Monday, the shelter will be closed to the public. People seeking to adopt or surrender an animal must do so by appointment only. They can call the shelter at 845-354-7900 or contact us at email@example.com.
2) The shelter is open to volunteers in order to work with the cats and walk/train the dogs. However, anyone experiencing a fever, cough, shortness of breath or any illness should not come to the shelter and should be cleared by a physician before returning to the shelter.
3) TARA will be at the shelter this Tuesday, but will not return for at least the following 2 weeks.
4) Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap or use sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol after each animal interaction.
5) The situation is fluid. We are following recommendations of the NYS Animal Protection Federation for animal shelters. We will follow recommendations and directives issued by the CDC and County Health Dept.
If you have any questions with regard to Hi Tor, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information and updates about the virus go to the CDC website at www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/prevention